Rainbow Bus Rapid Transit operates from 5.30 am to 11.30 pm, all days
Launched on 28 November 2015 – Nashik phata – Wakad Corridor
Rainbow BRT Corridor from Nashik phata to Wakad was launched on 28 November 2015 by Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation and the PMPML.Rainbow BRT route, Vajra 6 runs from Bhosari Bus Terminal to Hinjewadi Maan Phase 3, every 10 minutes.
To encourage the use of BRT passing through Pimple Saudagar and Wakad, PCMC has developed Park and Ride Facilities at four locations adjoining the corridor. Passengers can park their bicycles, bikes or cars in these dedicated, covered, free of cost parking lots and easily go to the nearest BRT station.
Rainbow BRT Park and Ride Facilities
- One parking lot at Jawalkar Nagar Domino’s Pizza (12 cars, 47 two wheelers, 45 cycles)
- Two parking lots at Ganeesham, Pimple Saudagar, near GovindYashada Chowk (8 cars, 30 two wheelers, 22 cycles and 6 cars, 15 two wheelers and 10 cycles)
- One parking lot Rose Icon Society, near Bhise Park, Pimple Saudagar (12 cars)
Services from Bhosari Bus Terminal
- Rainbow BRT Service Vajra 6 to Hinjewadi Maan Phase 3
- PMPML regular services to Pune Ma Na Pa Bhawan, Hadapsar, WarjeMalwadi, Katraj, Pune Station, Indrayani Nagar (Sant Nagar), Rajguru Nagar, MIDC Chakan, Alandi
Sangvi – Kiwale Corridor, Pimpri Chinchwad
Launched on 5 September 2015
Sangamwadi-Vishrantwadi Corridor, Pune
Launched on 30 August 2015
Rainbow BRT is being developed as a high quality, customer-oriented public bus transport service. It is managed by Pune Mahanagar Parivahan Mahamandal Ltd and developed with the support of Pune Municipal Corporation and Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation. Pune Traffic Police is providing the support for management of traffic for smooth operation of Rainbow BRT.
Bus Rapid Transit provides an integrated network of safer, faster, affordable and more efficient public transport. Dedicated lanes ensure that BRT buses are able to run efficiently and rapidly along their routes, helping passengers reach their destinations easily. Commuters can experience high quality BRT stations, level boarding facility, real time bus arrival information and voice announcements on Rainbow BRT.
Watch videos about Rainbow BRT at Rainbow YouTube Channel
Rainbow BRT is not about moving buses in a bus lane, but providing a comfortable, smart and high quality bus service for commuters.