Rainbow Bus Rapid Transit operates from 5.30 am to 11.30 pm, all days
Coming Soon: Nigadi – Dapodi Corridor in Pimpri Chinchwad
- 12 Km in length
- 18 stations from Pradhikaran Corner (Nigadi) to Dapodi
- Lokshahir Anna Bhau Sathe Bus Terminal at Bhakti Shakti
Launched on 28 April 2016 … Yerwada-Wagholi Rainbow BRT Corridor
Already catering to over 1.2 lakh passengers daily, the Rainbow BRT has started operations on Yerwada-Wagholi Corridor. This 14 km long route upto Wagholi has 13 BRT stations on the segregated 7.86 km section from Yerwada to Aaple Ghar, and 25 bus routes to serve various destinations.
These routes service Wadgaon Sheri, Viman Nagar, Khulewadi, Shubham Society, Chandan Nagar, Kharadi etc, providing connectivity to Pune Ma Na Pa, Pune Station, Swargate, Warje Malwadi etc. Five long distance routes to Sangvi Sandas, Karandigaon/Kendurgaon, Wade Bolhai, Markal and Wadegaon/ Kesnand now terminate at Wagholi Terminal and have connecting routes to these areas.
Surveys show that at least 11% of the commuters on the three corridors operational in Pune and Pimpri Chinchwad have changed from using motorcycles and cars to Rainbow BRT. There is a 12% increase in ridership on the Pune Alandi Road Corridor & 20% Increase in ridership on the Pimpri Chinchwad Corridors.
Yerwada-Wagholi Corridor Rainbow BRT Route Information in English (left) and Marathi (right) (click on the images below for enlarging)
Drive Safe Along Rainbow BRT
Nashik phata – Wakad Corridor
Launched on 28 November 2015
(Click for corridor map showing routes)
- Bhosari – Hinjawadi (Vajra 6)
- Bhosari – Hinjawadi (via Jagtap Dairy, Shivraj Nagar) (324)
- Sangvi – Hinjawadi (321)
- Pimple Gurav – Hinjawadi (321 A)
- Ma Na Pa – Hinjawadi (100)
- Pune Station – Hinjawadi (333)
Services from Bhosari Bus Terminal
- Rainbow BRT Service Vajra 6 to Hinjewadi Maan Phase 3
- PMPML regular services to Pune Ma Na Pa Bhawan, Hadapsar, WarjeMalwadi, Katraj, Pune Station, Indrayani Nagar (Sant Nagar), Rajguru Nagar, MIDC Chakan, Alandi
Rainbow BRT Park and Ride Facilities
PCMC has developed Park and Ride Facilities at four locations adjoining Nashik phata Wakad corridor. Passengers can park bicycles, bikes or cars in these dedicated, covered, free of cost parking lots and easily go to the nearest BRT station.
- One parking lot at Jawalkar Nagar Domino’s Pizza (12 cars, 47 two wheelers, 45 cycles)
- Two parking lots at Ganeesham, Pimple Saudagar, near GovindYashada Chowk (8 cars, 30 two wheelers, 22 cycles and 6 cars, 15 two wheelers and 10 cycles)
- One parking lot Rose Icon Society, near Bhise Park, Pimple Saudagar (12 cars)
Sangvi – Kiwale Corridor, Pimpri Chinchwad
Launched on 5 September 2015
Sangamwadi-Vishrantwadi Corridor, Pune
Launched on 30 August 2015
Rainbow BRT is being developed as a high quality, customer-oriented public bus transport service. It is managed by Pune Mahanagar Parivahan Mahamandal Ltd and developed with the support of Pune Municipal Corporation and Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation. Pune Traffic Police is providing the support for management of traffic for smooth operation of Rainbow BRT.
Bus Rapid Transit provides an integrated network of safer, faster, affordable and more efficient public transport. Dedicated lanes ensure that BRT buses are able to run efficiently and rapidly along their routes, helping passengers reach their destinations easily. Commuters can experience high quality BRT stations, level boarding facility, real time bus arrival information and voice announcements on Rainbow BRT.
Watch videos about Rainbow BRT at Rainbow YouTube Channel
Rainbow BRT is not about moving buses in a bus lane, but providing a comfortable, smart and high quality bus service for commuters.